Patient Centred Care Education for RPNs and other health care professionals
Critical examination of patient centred care in nursing at the system and individual level to increase understanding of patient centred care at the individual RPN level. Personal reflection on the role of nurses in patient centred care are examined, focusing on the individual role of the practical nurse.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Define what patient centred care is and how it is applied at all levels of organizations within the healthcare environment
- Understand the basics of individual ways to apply patient centred care
- Determine what is necessary to personally become more patient centred.
- Develop skills in communication, dialogue and inquiry to become more patient centred.
- Become adept at assessing patient centred traits and qualities in ourselves and others
- Learn how to develop patient centredness in ourselves and others
- Describe and understand how RPNs can play a leadership role in patient centred care.
Day & time: Asynchronous discussions in e-learning environment
Prerequisites: Must be an RPN or other health care professional. Participants must have access to a computer, the Internet and possess basic computer skills to participate in the electronic class discussions..
Program length & delivery: The program is an eight week eLearning course. The next program will be offered: September 16th – November 11th 2019
Certificate: Upon completion you will receive a certificate from RPNAO. You must complete all requirements in order to be eligible to receive the certificate.
Contact: For course information please contact Norma Tomlin, at email@example.com or call 905 602 4664 x 251.
Registration information: Registration for the Patient Centred Care Course is now open. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (905) 602-4662 or toll free 1-877-602-4664 for additional information.
|What is Patient Centred Care?|
|Knowing the Patient's Story|
|Including Family and Friends in Care|
|Shifting From Tasks to Outcomes|
|Keeping it Going|
- MN. Norma's 24 years nursing experience in community working with both domestic and internationally educated nurse to support and enhance their professional practice is compliment by her leadership as professional practice associate at RPNAO, and provincial committee work. Annette has over 30 years of nursing experience and leadership knowledge through her roles in acute care, remote nursing, provincial working group, part-time/sessional faculty at Seneca College, and staff at RPNAO. Norma and Annette brings experience in facilitation from their education and nursing leadership experiences to this course.
Facilitation: This course will be co-facilitated by Norma Tomlin RPN and Annette Weeres RN BScN
- RPNAO Members $275.00 + HST = $310.75
- Non-Members $357.50 + HST = $403.98
This course is limited to 25 participants; registration is available on a first come first serve basis, however a waitlist will be available with notification provided to interested registrants.
- Refunds may be requested, and a full refund will be issued prior to the course start date. Within the first week a refund minus an administrative fee will issued. At any time after the initial week a partial refund will be provided or the course may be deferred to a later date. No refunds will be provided after 50% of the course is complete, a deferral to another course may be given and must be taken within a year of initial registration.