Leadership Education for RPNs and health care professionals
Part One of Two: Leadership- An Introduction
Critical examination of leadership in nursing including leadership theory, communication, problem-solving, change and influence, and conflict which upon review and examination will support the development of personal and professional leadership skills at the individual RPN level.
Upon completion of the course of Part one, the learner will be able to:
- Identify how to be a remarkable leader
- Communicate powerfully
- Demonstrate how to problem solve through decision making and critical thinking
- Recognize and reiterate conflict resolution techniques
- Identify exemplary leadership practices and influence during change
- Develop a Personal Leadership Development Plan
Day & Time: Asynchronous discussions in e-learning environment
Prerequisites: Must be an RPN or other health care professional. Participants must have access to a computer, the Internet and possess basic computer skills to participate in the electronic class discussions.
Program length & delivery: The program is an eight week eLearning course. Dates scheduled for 2019:
- February 25th 2019 - April 22nd 2019.
- September 16th - November 11th 2019
Certificate: Upon completion, you will receive a certificate from RPNAO. You must complete all requirements (part one and two) in order to be eligible to receive the certificate.
Contact For course information please contact Norma Tomlin, at email@example.com or call (905) 602-4664 x 251.
Registration link is open for September 2019
|Change & Influence|
Facilitation: This course will be co-facilitated by Norma Tomlin RPN and Annette Weeres RN BScN MN. Norma’s 24 years nursing experience in the community working with both domestic and internationally educated nurses to support and enhance their professional practice is complimented by her leadership as a professional practice associate at RPNAO, and provincial committee work. Annette has over 30 years of nursing experience and leadership knowledge through her roles in acute care, remote nursing, provincial working group, part-time/sessional faculty at Seneca College, and staff at RPNAO. Norma and Annette bring experience in facilitation from their education and nursing leadership experiences to this course.
- RPNAO Members $275.00 + HST = $310.75
- Non-Members $357.50 + HST = $403.98
This course is limited to 25 participants; registration is available on a first come first serve basis, however, a waitlist will be available with notification provided to interested registrants.
- Refunds may be requested, and a full refund will be issued prior to the course start date. Within the first week a refund minus an administrative fee will issued. At any time after the initial week a partial refund will be provided or the course may be deferred to a later date. No refunds will be provided after 50% of the course is complete, a deferral to another course may be given and must be taken within a year of initial registration.