IBSIG has been providing support to RPNs in independent business since 1997 (and re-energized in 2012). There are over 100 members across Ontario.
These are exciting times for RPNs. Today, many nurses run nursing-based businesses in such diverse areas as EMS Training, Massage Therapy, Foot Care, Wellness & Lifestyle Management, Tai Chi Exercise, Naturopathic Medicine, etc. – all with a focus on meeting the health care needs of Ontarians.
What is IBSIG?
IBSIG is a special interest group of RPNs who run independent nursing-based businesses. The purpose of the group is to connect business-minded RPNs so they can:
- exchange business knowledge,
- expand professional networks,
- advocate for solutions to common practice issues, and
- increase awareness of RPNs in independent practice.
What are the benefits of the IBSig membership?
As membership numbers grow and the types of nursing-based businesses expand, IBSIG continues to learn of new ways to provide support. Here are just some of the ways… networking, education, promotion, member savings… (Visit the IBSig member benefits page on IBSIG’s website for more details).
How do I join IBSIG?
- Go to the RPNAO website rpnao.org
- From the “Membership” drop-down menu along the top, select “Apply & Renew Online”.
- Complete the Application Form online, or download a “fillable” form.
- Be sure to add IBSIG as an “addon”.
- Follow directions for payment.
- New members: Please email your contact information to the IBSIG Membership Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can send you a welcome email which includes the member log-in information for the IBSIG website. [Kindly specify your: name, mailing address, phone #, email address, business name, website address].
IB SIG Website: http://ibsig.ca
General Email Inquiries: email@example.com