Learn how to draw blood from patients in a hospital, clinical laboratory, doctor's office or clinic. Venipuncture skills are in demand as a fast growing occupation in health care.
This online and practical course is designed for health care practitioners including Medical Laboratory Technologists, Laboratory Technicians and Assistants, Respiratory Therapists, Registered Nurses and Emergency Medical Technicians.
For further information click here
• Discuss common collection systems
• Use containers with common anticoagulants
• Understand the proper use of tourniquets
• Demonstrate cleansing techniques
• Practice needle handling and disposal
Upcoming Workshop Dates
Sunday, May 12, 2013 open
Saturday, September 14, 2013 open
Saturday, January 18, 2014 open
Saturday, May 10, 2014 open