Supporting RPNs with Tools for Successful Interviews
Do you want to be more successful in an interview? Feel confident and get your dream job in nursing?
RPNAO is committed to enhancing the career development of RPNs and we have heard from you that there is a need for guidance with interviewing.
RPNAO is developing an online tool to provide support when preparing for an interview and we are working closely with nursing professionals like yourself to ensure RPNs have everything they need to shine in an interview.
During the focus group held at one of our pre-conference workshops, we identified some areas related to interviewing that RPNs considered the most important to achieve success in an interview.
We invite you to participate in shaping our online interviewing guide by completing a survey. Please consider the options below in relation to achieving success in an interview and rank the areas in order of importance to you (1 being most important, 6 being least important):
- How do I find out more about the organization (mission, vision, values, model of care delivery etc.)?
- What types of interviews are there? How should I prepare for a panel/one-on-one/telephone interview?
- What kind of questions should I prepare for? (Describe a situation when…, Why did you leave your last position?)
- What kind of questions should I ask? What questions should I not ask?
- How do I best share my strengths and limitations?
- What else should I consider to make a good impression? (Body language, attire, punctuality, etc.)
The survey is completely anonymous and is made available through SurveyMonkey. We look forward to you responses and are thrilled to provide this exciting new tool for RPNs!Category: Career DevelopmentDate: Monday, December 16, 2013