Welcome to Emotional Well-Being
Part of the Self-Care for Nurses RPNAO Education. Please take the time to participate in our three modules below.
Emotional Well-Being Resources:
Self-Awareness, Self Management, and Motivation:
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health: A downloadable PDF that outlines community mindfulness programs that are available in Ontario.
- Mindfulness Toronto: An organization which connects mindfulness-based professionals, and contains direct links to mindfulness courses and programs
- Happify App.: An app. that aims to help overcome stress and negative thoughts to help build reslience. Click here to read a review from an RPN's perspective.
- Heart & Stroke Foundation: Coping With Stress handbook
Empathy and Social Skills:
- Video: Nursing Scholar, Brené Brown on Empathy
- TEDTalk: "10 Ways to Have Better Conversation" by Celeste Headlee
- Nurses’ Health Program: A program established to help nurses struggling with substance use and/or mental illness
- Anxiety Canada: An organization increasing awareness about anxiety disorders and improving access to proven resources
- Government of Canada: Resources to support mental health and resilience provided by the Government of Canada Public Health Services.