As you may know, RPNAO launched our Mentorship program last year with great enthusiasm! The program is an add-on to our CareerDirections program that we developed with donnerwheeler and launched in 2012. It is comprised of 2 databases, one for mentors and one for mentees, which members can access to search for a mentor that will support them in achieving their career goals! We would like to grow our mentor database and I wanted to take this opportunity to invite you to participate and become a mentor!
As you advance your career as a RPN you are faced with new challenges, expanding roles, responsibilities and enrichment opportunities. Setting realistic and strategic goals ensures you have a career by design and not by drift.
Mentorship is a powerful way to help you realize your career goals. Mentorship is a longer-term relationship in which someone with more experience and wisdom (the mentor) supports and encourages another (the mentee) as that individual grows and develops professionally and personally.
We are constantly growing our mentor database and we wanted to take this opportunity to invite you to participate!
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go the RPNAO website and log in with your RPNAO member information.
- From there, you can navigate to the Mentorship homepage by clicking "RPNCareers", then "Developing Your Career”, then "Advancing Your Career Through Mentorship", then “Mentorship Homepage” via the menu on the left of the page.
- Here's the direct link though to make life easier: Mentorship homepage.
- From there, you can see the home page of the Mentorship program. Across the top of that page you should see a title that says "Mentor Directory" and when you mouse over it you can see "Create Mentor Profile", click that.
- Fill in the information requested for the application and click "Submit Application" on the bottom left of the page when you're done.
We also feature Career Conversations on our website with a focus on mentorship to help get you started.
If you're having trouble, please email Heidi Birks and let us know how we can help.
Category: Career DevelopmentDate: Tuesday, April 8, 2014